Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Re-Do Wednesday

I love buying cheap junk and trying to make it cute! I say try because it doesn't always work, but when I saw this frame at an antique store for 9 dollars I thought I had to have it!



Yes has had to glass or backing and it was an ugly color but I got it anyways.



My goal was to spend as little as possible and make something I could use. First thing to go was that color! I had a bottle of white and gray paint so I mix them together and roughly painted the frame.



After it dried I sanded and distressed the paint so more of the teal color came through. Then I tea stained the whole thing including the stains canvas. Thankfully it did the trick!



So far I hadn't spent anything to re do this frame, but I decided I would rather have a bulletin board instead so I bought some cork and really cheap burlap. I wrapped the cork in the burlap glued it to a piece of cardboard and then nailed that into the frame. I even found some cute old keys I had in a drawer to finish it off! Over all I think I spent around $16 to buy and redo this board not bad for the first re-do wednesday!





No comments:

Captured Images Photography's Fan Box

Total Pageviews

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed